Missing chain link! how to fix?

my chain, then MAIN chain on my puch maxi is missing a metal link..you know, in the shape of a figure 8 with two small holes in it..if i dont have it on the chain, the chain will get fucked, and fall off the ped!!!

Re: Missing chain link! how to fix?

go to a motorcycle shop with ur chain and ask them for something called a "master link" it shouldnt cost much

FIXED. no need to drive all the way there, and pay..i fixed it in only 2 hours! lol! i found another chain from an old bicycle, and i took a link out, and welded it on my puch chain with some metal welding puddy material..its drying right now. i cant wait till it dries so i can ride her again.

Wouldn't welding it defy the point of a removable link?

Grey

lol

yes..that is true. i wont be able to take the chain off very easily...but why would i need to?? i hope that this thing sticks well..

Ahhh, just got finsished watching Notting Hill...what a nice movie to watch withy your dog. lol!

A master link costs about $1.60 when you have to remove that chain youl'll be cusing the day you were born because you didn't put on the f@8&ing link.Jim

P.s and chains need to be removed regurly if you work on these thing which everybody does. trust me.

welded with some kinda glue?

these aint bicycles... When the chain breaks and gets wrapped around the hub at 30 mph, you're gonna get tattooed.

That's the dumbest thing I.ve ever heard....

hahah the guy welded it with some glue i am 15 years old and i know better dude go to like ace hardware u can steel one if u wanted to there with all the screws its like no big deal there like 10c around here

The first time that chain goes around the sprocket it will pivot and break the epoxy you used. When a chain breaks 3 things can happen.

1 The chain just falls off. Not to dramatic but then your stuck pedaling home...

2. It wraps around the front sprocket whips around destroying anything close by ( the engine, your foot, etc.)

3. It wraps around the rear sprocket and locks up the rear wheel. If this happens at high speed or in a turn.... Well I hope you got atleast a full face helmet on...

See Ya Moped Army /

This kid's not wrapped too tight.

well, iv gone 12 miles now with my new glued link chain. seems very sturdy. and yes, i have a helmet. i never had stitches before..maybe i might get some this year!

yeah.. keep your hopes up.

you might get some from your pretty, young nurse..

you thorn heads dont know who your dealing with this friggin kid is a genius besides it had to be the pedal chain he fixed if you read what he said

jb weld fixes anything

I doubt JBWeld can mend a broken heart, or fix a thorn head, whateverthefuk that is...

A pedal chain can wrap around a wheel pretty good.. it's happened to me on a bicycle.. but who cares.. It's all fixed now so stick a fork in this thread.

hu hu! lol!

and by the way, you THORN HEADS! i didnt use jb weld, its some other shit...whatever, it works for now.

it's already been established beyond any doubt that you're a freakin genius .. we've learned our lesson.

can't ya give us a break?

it cant fix a broken heart but if you stuff it into the door locks on the bitches car it sure does feel good,and thats pinhead not thorn head you pin head

joew, since you bow down to your master, i will disreguard your insolence. You will, from now on, address me as "Your Grace, Jason."

dan .. explain something to me.. what did jason-chicaleka5 mean in that first message..

to quote:

"my chain, then MAIN chain on my puch maxi is missing a metal link..."

You say he's talking about a bicycle chain? Is a puch's main chain a bicycle chain?

if it makes you happy, whatever youy say, kid.. err.. i mean.. Your Grace, Jason.

hmm.. now that see it and read it, "Your Grace, Jason" looks really gay.. i picture some skinny, primped inbred royalty type playing croquet...

are you sure that's what how wanna be addressed?

how about "Master Jason"? nah.. that is even more gay..

LOL! I WAS JUST KIDDING JOE! LOlo!

BUT IF YOU WANT TO, YOU CAN CALL ME MASTER JASON. LOL!@

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account