Hello! I'm the new proud owner of a 1976 Motobecane Mobylette...and I'm clueless. I've got a few questions, and could use any advice that will help me get started. It does run, but could definitely use a tune-up. I'm going to start today by replacing the spark plug. Here are my questions:
1) How do I tell what kind of Motobecane I have? 50, 50L, etc.
2) Under the photos section I've noticed separate categories for Motobecane AND Mobylettes. Why is this? Were they different companies?
3) The switch near the pedal (ON/Off/Reserve) broke off last night while I was joy riding. Where can I get a good substitute? (It's kind of a pain to use pliers to turn it off and on)
4) Occasionally I've accidently left my moped switched to ON or Reserve. When I do, all the fuel leaks out. Why is this?
5) My moped is very difficult to start. It requires a lot of pedaling, and it helps if you're going down hill. What's the best (and not too complicated) thing I could do to help remedy this.
I know this is a hell of a post with way to many questions. I'll appreciate any responses. Thanks everyone.
_Moped Army rocks!_