Jawa tranny help...

I have a 210, and I recently rebuilt the top end of the engine on a working bottom half (something was loose and broken inside the case of the original engine, and for lack of crankcase pullers, spare tranny parts, and a welder to heat the case up again to re-close it, so it was just easier this way). The problem now is, it's a two-speed tranny, and it should take 30 weight oil, but the drain/check holes are stoppered up. Like, welded-bolt stoppered up. It looks like the engine came this way, but that doesn't really make much sense to me; I don't know.

Now, when I disassembled the engine to toss the top end on, there was some oil that leaked out a bit from the crankcase, through where the crank/connecting rod are. There must have been oil in there to begin with, but no method to refill it or dump it if it went bad.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should do here? Will the engine be ok without adding oil? Should I drill a hole and tap it to add a drain plug? Where would I drill it?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Re: Jawa tranny help...

George Smith /

that sounds like someone did something to it bro, i dunno where the fuck to drill it safely lol, so good luck

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account