TTLX__NEED HELP!!

my 2000 ttlx runs fine for the first 10-15min then it will stall even with full throttle i think it might be the carb because when i stop i put the choke down and it starts fine but when i give it gas to make the choke lever pop up it stalls then once the choke is back up it will run again for 2-3 min PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

Re: TTLX__NEED HELP!!

Try taking off the gas cap when it starts doing the stalling... If it works, that means the vent in the cap is pluged. Then go buy a new cap.

Alan

Myrons Moped Team

The fuel line to the car b is clogged.

It's slowly filling the bowl in the carb up... that's enough gas to run it a short distance. But it's not filling fast enough to keep it full. That's why it runs after several minutes.

it coud be:

Needle vavle stuck part way shut.

Fuel fliter (iit's inside the carb where the fuel line attachtes)

Fuel line clogged

Fuel shutoff vavle clogged

Gas tank clogged

One way or another... sounds like the bowl is running out of gas slowly.

k thanks ill try that .. it seized up today becuase of oil would that cause it to stall? but its all fixed now except for the stalling part

the same exact thing happened to me theres 2 possibilities you could have a clog some where or ur not getting enough gas in your tank because ebvery time you fi;ll it the air from the gasoline takes up space what you have to do is make sure ur filling it up to the top and make sure when they are filling it thy leave breathing room

if your carb has a large and small jet, the small jet could be plugged.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account