Tomos A-3 running mostly, seal issues, intake, ???

Matthew Yeah /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey everyone,

I've got my Bullet running FINALLY, after putting some time into this last week (I've only owned it for 2+ years), but I'm having a few issues:

1. It's smokes excessively. I'm missing a base gasket, and it smoks a little bit around the exhaust port (new base and exhaust gasket on order), but the amount of white smoke pouring outta the exhaust is a bit much. I'm not running an airbox yet (again on order) but I have the filter and rubber neck in place. Any other ideas why it would smoke so much? Timing?

2. Took it for a spin, it revs great with no load, but dies down a lot when I'm on it. I've not timed it again for a while, but I think it's pretty close. I'll retime it in the next day or to, but what else could lead to significant power drop when I'm on it? Exhaust looks clear, so I don't THINK it's that, I'll investigate more later.

3. My petcock drips fuel just a little bit when closed, will this cause excess gas to run outta the carb? If so, where will it run out at? Also, does this carb (Encarwi) have a sealing washer or gasket for the jet tube? I can't see it in the exploded diagram at mopedwarehouse, just wanna make sure.

Thanks!

Matthew

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account