tomos a3 starts when cold but not warm

I have an old tomos a3 that starts when cold but not warm. I recently replaced the rings, so they are fine, and I recently sealed off the cylinder head with gasket sealent, but the problem seemed to start around the time i removed a bad ignition coil. I only removed one of the two coils. could this be the problem?

Re: tomos a3 starts when cold but not warm

Also, after it is warm, if you replace the spark plug, it runs immediatly, and the old spark plug comes out wet, How could I fix the carb so it doesn't run as rich?

you can start out by droping your needle down a notch, that might work, but it really sounds like someone reamed your main jet, or over jetted it, that is if your air cleaner is clean, and your exuast is clean.

If you're getting spark when it's cold and not when it's hot, it's probably electrical. The coil and or the wiring might be the problem, also the wet spark plug might be from no spark. It might sound stupid, but in situations like that I giggle wires at the connections and see if it works . also run an ohm meter on resistance from your coil to the spark plug and make sure it zeros out, that means current is flowing. try it when cold and hot. If it doesn't work when hot then the plug wire might be bad.

steveintoronto /

check the jet. if everything else is stock on the bike (ie. no biturbo exhaust etc.) it should be a 54, i think.

stock jet on a a3 is a 51 .........53 with a pipe...check the head bolts too with a torque wrench.mine were at 8lb, i tightened it up to 20 and the problem went away

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account