Something is wrong.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ok so I posted a bunch of stuff on here before trying to figure out whats going on with my ped (78 Sachs Sparta). I just read a thread about the cluth and I think that might be the issue. I don't know what the the best way to explain the problem is but lets say I start from idle, when I go it sounds and feels good. The engine sounds steady as it gets going and then it starts actting funny, like instead of maintaining a steady noise and speed and it starts kinda cutting out and and will slow down and then jump forward. Does this sound like the clutch is slipping? Also, when I pedal it to start it obviously is slipping as when I hold down the start lever and pedal the flywheel doesn't always spin and it seems to be getting worse. I think the cause of this might be the fact that I removed the decompression valve screw on the head and replaced it with a bolt. So when starting it has to try and start at full compression which I think is what made the clutch start to wear. I know this is obnoxiously long but it's driving me crazy! Does it sound like a clutch problem? Is there any fixes that don't involve totally rebuilding the clutch? Sorry for the long post.

Thanks,

Craig

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account