My Tomos A335 Won't Idle

My 89' golden bullet with an A-3 transmission and a ported A-35 topend won't idle. I've been playing with the idle screw, either it'll idle too high or idle for a few seconds and stall out. I've been adjusting by the millimeter. I've also used different heat rated plugs. I should also mention that I have a baffleless biturbo and a 13mm straight intake.

Thanks

Re: My Tomos A335 Won't Idle

i have a a3/ a35 and mine did the sameit was head gasket now it is great plus u have no baffle did u up- jet?

hmmm head gasket. I'll try that tonight or tommorow. Thanks man!

Yea Robbie I'm running a 60 jet with the stock airbox with two small holes since the a-3 airbox is extremely restrictive. Oh and what type of head gasket did you use? Did you make one? You mean the gasket between the cylinder and cylinder head right, since my base gatsket is new and so are all my other gaskets.

What was your setup Robbie? If it can wheely off the line is that close to stock power? Yea I was too lazy to see how it performed stock before porting.

Thanks again

no i was talking about base gasket......... hmmm well mine does 40mph but thats with everything stock except a35 conversion. but maby jet is too big and its flooding? but im running bored out a3 bushing and 14 12 sha dellorto with staight intake and diff air cleaner. here is a pic ok? e-mail me at tomos_rider@msn.com we can try to figure it out ok ttyl

1148857815_pdc_0196.jpg

Hmm I don't think I'm running too rich. A 60 jet with those mods sounds right doesn't?

idk b/c my bud has a kitted bike and he s running a 60 i think

stock jetting should be 52 to 54, even if you did some port work.

baffleless biturbo is a bad idea....idle could be linked to no backpressure, or leaks somewhere, or damage caused by no baffle...60 jet should be OK 56-58 is probably better.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account