trasmission fluid, what kind to use?

trying to figure out what to put in the hole where the clutch mechinism is??

Re: trasmission fluid, what kind to use?

make and model???

79' Garelli Gran Sport LTD

i have a 1985 garelli Rally SL and i use SAE 30 NON DETERGENT, that's what was reccomended by the book, it said to make sure it's NON DETERGENT

i saw that in the book, but what is non-detergent? i just put in SAE 30 moter oil. the brand name and sources (local or national) of products like this clutch oil and the oil to mix with the gas are what i really need. please!!

i don't know what non detergent is, but if it's not non detergent it eats away at the clutch, so get the regular out asap. i found some at ace hardware, they have 2 stoke oil as well to mix with the gas.

normal-detergent motoroils have some solvents in them that brake up varnish and gunk, they might have some other side affects, but the make purpus of them is to keep the inside of your engine clean... when used as gear oil you don't need/want that, and I'm not sure if they foam as easly or not, they make no foaming fork oils... and tell you not to use detergen oils in forks that have oil dampening, so it only makes sense.

I got non-detergent SAE 30 at Autozone (for pump on pressure washer)

I've got a 78 sachs that I was told to use with auto transmission fluid type F. Yes/No?

i bought a quart of non-detergent SAE 30 motor oil at Auto Zoze. it is specified for use in engines of cars older than 1930. is this anything?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account