Minikid quits when I grab the brake

Jeff-Minikidman /

I finally got my Intramotor Gloria Minikid running right after fooling around with it for awhile. It turns out that the problem of why it would only idle and not move when the throttle was twisted was a very badly clogged muffler which was not noticable because it always showed smoke. It did not look to me like the smoke was having trouble coming out though. After reading a forum about a clogged muffler, I decided to try cleaning mine. After i did that, it started right up and ran great. The new problem though is my carb. It is very clean, but it is not functioning right because when I adjust the idle screw, the idle just stays where it is. When I am riding it and I grab either brake handle, it just stalls. Even when I do it very lightly. I can not figure out what is wrong in the carb that could be causing this. I know it is not a matter of seizing the engine because i can barely grab it and it will slow the engine some, but when i give it gas it will not recover from the slow down and it stalls. Does anyone know what may need to be adjusted in the carb so that it will run when I brake and not stall?

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: Minikid quits when I grab the brake

Check the tail light bulbs and tail light ground.

Grey

live to ride, Ride to work

Re: Minikid quits when I grab the brake

Jeff-Minikidman /

The tail light bulbs and tail light ground can make by engine stall? Come to think of it though, my taillight bulb is burnt out. This can cause the engine to stall?

Jeff

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account