Fuel Mixture/ Suzuki FA50

Kyle Osterholt /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

hello all, need a little help here. My parents have an FA50 they've had for many years, I forget what year but I think around 81. It ran fine when they first bought it but over the years it had started to have less and less power and start to really smoke pretty bad. It's been sitting for several years but we've been thinking of getting it running again to take to the racetrack for a pit-bike.

Anyway, talking with some friends, they have heard of the auto-mix portion of this bike having problems and causing the symptoms I'm having. They thought there was a way to disable the auto-mixture system and just mix the fuel like any other 2-stroke so I started taking it apart and realized it was a bit more complicated than a simple mixing valve.

Is there a way to do this, how and where can I find the information? I'm not having much luck on a websearch but this looks to be the forum with the most hits on google so figured I'd try here. thanks for any help, KYle

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account