Putting a 13/13 Dellorto Carb...

on a 1996 Kinetic.

Here are the issues.

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Putting a 13/13 Dellorto Carb...

JustinSuicycle /

JustinSuicycle /

Sorry, apparently I suck at posting pictures.

Justine....as far as i know...The dellorto carb i meant to be used with a single ended throttle cable that has a small head to fit into the carb (properly of coarse), and the other end is or should be open. So there should be nothing on one end of the cable. Because of this im not sure if you can use the carb o your moped. If the ends going into the carb doesnt fit into the plate in the carb correctly then you can always file it until it does. However, there may be other ways to do it so dont give up hope. I would try to find some people, if there are any, that have found ways to use double ended throttle cables with dellorto carbs.

Use the old top-cover. Those are all interchangeable (from 12.7/12.10/13.13, all the same), same goes for the gas slides.

grz Thijs

you need a dellorto throttle cable

I'm waiting to get my 13.13 in the mail anyday now for my 1996 kinetic so I'm interested in this. I have to agree with Thijs it looks like the old top will bolt right up and that is what I'd try. please do post with your results regardless of how you get it going.

Jack Skunk

Brentus Sioux y Cycle /

Jack, any luck with this? Justin got his Puch running in the meanwhile. I ordered the Dellorto cable in the meanwhile.

For some reason, I remember the top of these carbs are not of the same dimension. Maybe they have a 96 Kinetic Magnum instead of TFR, but I would believe either way that it would have the same Dellorto.

I'll keep you posted when I take a look at it on Friday.

At 2 this morking I was in my alley putting my carb together. I took the top from the old one and bolted right up to my new one. Nifty.... or was it? Started up on the first kick. Rolled the throttle and took off like a bolt down the alley. Turned around at the end and by the time I got back to the staring point... almost no power at all. 10 seconds later it is sputtering and dying under me.

DAMMIT!!!!!!

Just a story to go along with me letting everyone know that yes, the stock top from the kinetic TFR will fit on your shiny, new 13:13 and if you're lucky it will go like hell and not be a fancy paper weight like mine is.

Back to the alley for me.

Brentus Sioux y Cycle /

Jack, are you running with the Malossi air filter too?

yeah, I just put that on as well.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account