maxi making grinding noise

when i start it or when i ride it it makes a grinding noise but i guess that comes with it when it sits for 8 years.

Re: maxi making grinding noise

is it a 1speed or 2speed? 2speeds can making grinding noises and be ok. usually due to bad tranny fluid or just old gears and bearings. however if a 1speed is making noises you might have a big problem. are you sure you arent just holding the clutch in too long?

its a two speed and im shur it is rily loud in im concernd it only doset when i startet it. or when it runs.

any grinding noise energizes me to find the cause of it.

My Maxi made a grinding sound especially when i slowed. I found that the drive chain was adjusted too tight. When I loosened it slightly the grinding sound went away..

ive had a flywheel come loose, and it only made that noise when i was going slow, or idling....

lee

See Ya Moped Army /

Might be rusty crank bearings.

I replased the whol moter withon that was just sitting around all better but i cant get aney pipe to fid i take the heat off then put a maxi head on but it wuld not slid on then i tooket off and the cylnder fell apart now i need smone to put the new one on.

I have alol the parts.

Ben Van Zoest /

Yep, all bearings got crusty, motor, wheels. I would not run the thing unless you do a complete overhaul or if you only want it to run for a week or so don't bother...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account