moby 50v only runs with choke and doesnt idle

so i cleaned the gurtner carb they are total POS, but i want to clean it more but couldnt get the choke cable out, does that little brass ring where the cable goes through supposed to come off? i cant the choke off and the other thing is it doesnt idle. i have the stock airbox on it and it seals really well, but to make it idle i have to let the choke go, but than at full speed i have to have the choke on full, but even than i have to keep blipping the throttle, i dont know how to say it but like i have to go WOT and then go to 3/4 and than to WOT see sawing the throttle to keep it goin, definitly sounds like a fuel starvation issue maybe im missing it but somethings gotta be clogged , just wanted a second opinion, i really should swap it out.

thanks

Re: moby 50v only runs with choke and doesnt idle

See Ya Moped Army /

You need to remove the carb, completely disassemble it, soak it in carb cleaner and blow it out with compressed air. Until you do that, buying another carb is just throwing away money.

Re: moby 50v only runs with choke and doesnt idle

i have already done that long ago, but thank you

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account