lost my key....

Has anyone ever had a new key made WITHOUT a key? Know what i mean? Can a new key be made having just the lock on the ped? Luckily the bars were unlocked! Just wondering if its possible, and if anyone has done that, and estimated price for the service........

Re: lost my key....

Any LockSmith can help you. Call around.

Mine in NC

nick "Al Murphy" is a locksmith.. if he sees this thread he might be able to help.

i called a guy.. wanted $30... but he needed me to ride the bike down there and it wasn't ridable.. so i cut my own key.

Allen Murphy /

It's commonly done, that is making a key to fit.

If you'll clue us in as to where you are, I should be able to suggest a smith or two in your area that you can contact for prices.

Al Murphy

I found a guy in Philly who says he can do it. Going there tomorrow, he also said $30-40 to get it done. Let yas know how it works out. Thanks

do you have key number?

Allen Murphy /

Due to European laws and insurance regs, there are NO numbers stamped on the locks.

And there isn't any way to look it up if you wanted to!

The stuff out of Japan--different story, there they have the numbers stapmed somewhere on the lock, or on the lock face itself.

Word of note here on that subject--PART numbers are raised, as they are part of the castings, CODE numbers are ALWAYS stamped or otherwise engraved into the part.

Al Murphy

mike, let me know how you make out and where in philly this guy is. I need his services also. How much?

thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account