Sachs Clutch help

OK, I road my Sachs Imperial with a 505/? motor for a good 10 mile trip. After it warmed up it seemed that the clutch was slipping when taking off. How hard is it to change these plates out and could someone point me to some directions to do so.

Re: Sachs Clutch help

Ben Van Zoest /

Where di you get the new clutch plates?

Well, I have not gotten them yet, But I found some at Moped Junkyard.

Ben Van Zoest /

How many miles on the beast? Clutch plates should last 5000 some miles unless you are very heavy! If You haven't done it before you better get a manual. Do a Google search...

Well it had 2100+/- when I got it and it had no speedo cable. It is up to 4500 now since I got one for it. I weigh around 180lbs so not really that heavy, hehe.

Ben Van Zoest /

Well yea you might need clutch plates, I believe there is a fix, something about shimming but I gave the manual to the guy I sold my Sach to.

Sachs Clutch plates on Ebay

Ben Van Zoest /

Here you go see: MagMaxum post in Buy/Sell dated 4/16/06

Re: Sachs Clutch plates on Ebay

OK, now does anyone know of online content, a scanned repair guide for this?

Re: Sachs Clutch plates on Ebay

Ben Van Zoest /

Mopedriders.com

They are easy to replace....

Call Chris at Mopedwarehouse.com

He told me about some heavy duty aftermarket clutch plates.

Wow, I emaild Chris @MW and he ot back to me in less than an HR. So there is my pick I guess. So is thee any special tools needed to change them out? oh, and sorry for the topic above this one, my bad.

_heavy-duty aftermarket clutch plates_

from where?

Chris is awesome

you dont need any special tools

read this post about my clutch changing experience

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/6/43984/43984/

sweet, thats great. Thanks for the help. I guess the bike was ready to get fixed. Today going to work, I started it up and the throttle cable broke. It's a sig.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account