deristriction fa50

Hello, does anybody know how to derestrict a 1991 suzuki fa50? I bought a pair of them and they both top out at 26 mph. I went for a long ride yesterday and to my surprise my bike started to go about 35 mph. My bike is begging me to let him realize his full potential. If you have a quick easy fix please respond.

Thanks

John

Re: deristriction fa50

I've heard of these getting to 40 MPH with mod's, but none of mine ever did. 35 is pretty good. You could replace the 'muffler box' exhaust with a pipe, and replace to airbox with a newer style filter somehow too. Advancing your timing would help too.

your moped probably can't breathe. try removing the muffler and air cleaner for diagnosis purposes. those mufflers can't be disassembled. i always drill holes in them. also, keep an eye on the spark plug and keep it clean. don't let that moped sit. it should easily do over 30.

Thanks for the tip Rob, I think I'll try that.

Thanks for replying, do you know exactly where I should start drilling? Sounds like a pretty cheap way to get a little more out of my fa50.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account