yet another embarassing question about Sachs

This is gonna show i know nothing about nopeds but i need to know so....On a Sachs G3 ya mix the oil and gas...Where does the Transmission fluid go? I found out its a 505/1d engine too...yay...and is there any other fluids i forgot? Windshield wiper mabey? Ok Im kiddin with the windshield ....thanks

Re: yet another embarassing question about Sachs

The little plastic hole on the side? is this where the Tranny fluid goes? What kind??? Does it matter??? Its a 505/1D..

Ben Van Zoest /

Yep, that's the fill hole should be level till it runs out, ATF oil, why not change it probbi needs new anyway. Drain is on the bottom of the case.

There is no drain on sachs motors, just the plug on the side. Y ou have to tilt the bike to drain it, and hold it upright and use a funnel to fill it.

The flathead screw on the top of the engine is the pivot for the starter clutch- don't take it out.

Type F ATF works better than Dextron III, but they will both work.

Like Mike states.

I used a plastic tube to suck it out. (One person way/job)

Then I tilted the moped to fill it (Kid held it sideways for me). Have lots of news paper because then you put it back level it will spill out when full (What a mess in the driveway). Replace the plug and your ready to do.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account