tomos targa question(s)

steveintoronto /

1) i took my left cover off yesterday to give it all a wipe and i noticed that my condenser is a bit dented from contacting my chain. how do i tighten the chain so that it doen't bounce around so much? i know that it needs some play, mine moves about 1-1 1/2" from all the way up to all the way down.

2) how important are the accordian-style rubber boots on the top half of the front forks? i think that the bike would look better without them, but if they are functional i'll leave them on there.

Re: tomos targa question(s)

http://www.tomosmopeds.org/forum/showpost.php?p=922&postcount=13

Those are the ones I used.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

steveintoronto /

you answered half my question(s): they do actually prevent crap from getting in there and damaging the cylinder. thanks for the tip, now any ideas about the chain tension?

yep.. loosed the nuts on the back wheel, and use the little twist things to slide the wheel back the same amount on both sides.

1.5 inches is WAY too much slack on the chain. it should have 1 cm of slack, which is about 0.4 inches. So just slide the wheel back and retighten the nuts... make sure they are good and tight.

John Joedicke /

Steve, check the manual on MRA for the A35 Tomos. There is a blurb in there on the proper tension and how to do it.

steveintoronto /

snap. thanks guys.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account