PUCH MAXI STARTING PROBLEM

Alright i have a puch maxi, with a newport carb w/ a 60 jet. I have a biturbo as well. K heres the problem. It would start about a day ago and start easily. but as soon as you would pull the throttle it would bog out. So we thought there was a problem with the float or it was getting to much air, so we basically narrowed it down to the float, so we put a new one in... now we try to start it and nothing it wont start. Checked the spark plug and everything, the only thing that seems to be changed is the float. Can i get some help im not sure what could be wrong. Throw some ideas out... thanks

Re: PUCH MAXI STARTING PROBLEM

Couple things: First, I'd make sure the new float is adjusted properly. Turn the carburetor upside down with the float bowl off and look at how the float sits. It should be perfectly level with the body of the carburetor. If it's not, you can adjust it by bending the little brass tab that holds it in.

Though from what you described, it sounds like it may not have been the float to begin with. You may need a bigger jet with the biturbo.

Fill the carb bowl with gas by holding down the black primer button until it drips a little gas... thats what the Puch Owner's manual says to do and it works for me every time... first kick on all my Puchs :P

the bowl fills up completely with fuel, its working im just wondering if maybe the float is getting saturated

anyone??

Ben Van Zoest /

The new float saturated what's that all aboutl I bet you still have a fuel flow problem for instants gunk in the fuel circuit.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account