This dont sound good...

My '79 Sachs G3 makes a loud metalish empty clanging sound but only when you try to go fast, at like 65% full throttle, comes from front side. Any ideas? Any advice on what to check and how to check it? Just bought it, guy said something about gaskets, Idont know much bout this stuff, tryin to learn though, ordered a new carb with manifold from ebay.....it also smokes out the exaust, whitish smoke.....need some help please........THANKS ALOT

1144745162_lansdowne_007.jpg

Re: This dont sound good...

sounds like you have a bad crank seal and you are sucking in tranny fluid. probably a bad crank bearing too.

There were NOS Sachs engines on ebay a while back...

By the way thats white-ish smoke, ....

My 1980 Sachs 505/1 made the same noise, turns out my main bearing on magneto side failed, made enough of a wobble to cause a plate in my flywheel to come loose and strike the armatures, makeing the clanking noise.

Replaced both main bearings, seals ( while I was at it I replaced the piston rings,) and JB welded plate back into flywheel.

White smoke is somewhat normal for 2 cycle engines, maybe you could try a more ashfree 2 cycle oil.

me too.. that clanging clanking sound is likely the flywheel.. it rings like a bell ..

mine had a hairline crack around the hub .. the noise got gradually worse.

any noise like that, that is out of the ordinary, is a good reason to investigate the problem until you fix it. i have had some pretty nasty malfunctions that i wish i could have fixed before the damage was done. it might be a hassle to disassemble the engine/tranny in vein, but when you consider the downside, it's a very good idea. that's a quality moped that will get you around for years of you take care of it.

thanks alot for some addvice,also anyone know how to find out what kind of engine it is? a 504 mabey?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account