where do i attach throttle cable?

does the cable go thru one of these slots? or just hook directly to the lil metal block/ slide thingy that has a screw in it... ??

1144731010_throttle_assy.jpg

Re: where do i attach throttle cable?

It hooks directly to the lil' metal block/slide thingy.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

wildflowers0274 /

lmao... thanks! and yeah... i know that sounded ditzy but ya got the point so its all good...

Truthfully it lacks a better name, the manual calls it a "throttle valve" which is pretty misleading and doesn't really describe the part very well.

Grey

This looks like a std mobylette twist grip ( but also used 30 years ago on Honda 50s) There is a small block (made of zinc but looks aluminium) with a screw to hold the wire in. Once you tighten the screw it bends the wire and usually you cannt reset the wire to a new location without much diffaculty. This system can pull the wire straight instead of around a curve like a regular motorcycle. At first glance the wires look the sama but big motorcycle use special flexible wire ( costs more) that go around curves without breaking. You can use any old bicycle cable that you can make fit.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account