Burnt out clutch?

well i guess me clutch 'burnt out.' stupidly, i sealed the little air hole towards the top, so my oil got to hot, and from my understanding, burnt the clutch. it seemed like it went into nuetral, it was at full throttle, but going nowhere. is there anything i can do to fix this or do i need to buy a new clutch?

Re: Burnt out clutch?

Jason Luther /

the airhole has nothing to do with cooling the trans fluid. does the engine rev without the wheel turning? give us some more details

it did rev without the wheel turning, now the clutch will not engage so i cannot start the motor. i read that if you seal the little hole the pressure raises and heats it up and really does a number on the clutch

Jason Luther /

did you seal it air tight? (if so why?) anyways, i guess it makes sense for the pressure to rise. have you tried changing the fluid? its easy enough to remove the trans cover and see whats going on too

well it's my first moped, so i saw oil leaking and sealed it, common sense, i have changed the fluid, and i have removed the cover, the clutch looks a little smaller, so i guess that's why it doesnt work

what happened was the clutch got so hot it turned really rubbery and it just rubbed right down, so now it's too small, is there anything i can do to fix it? because it's a bitch trying to find these parts for old garelli's

chad i heavent responded because i havent had time to search for a new clutch.we have a lot of good used clutches so let me know if youre into that.also i think there was something else you wanted but i cant remember

yeah i also wanted a spedometer drive, a used clutch will be fine, as long as you can give me some sort of guarantee, like a refund if i pay shipping back to you sor something. email me back at superchad333@yahoo.com

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account