Suzuki FA50 Motor Layout

Hey Everyone i was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem. i Just bought a Moped and eveything was in top condition exsept for the main thing the motor and at first i thought it was the kickstart but when opening the Gear system i realised there wasa problem inside with the piston not moving to i took the sparkplug of them the the thing that the sparkplug went into then looked threw to find that the hole piston had just rusted to motor. and the hole inside was rusted so we put coke then WD40 into the hole to get some kind of lub there then got a piece of wood and hit the piston out so it was free to find all this muddy stuff in the motor and now we need a way to clean it outbut my dad has found a bit in the motor were he thinks that the main bit of the motor may split into to because other wise there wouyld be no way of getting the gunk out.

Plz help

Re: Suzuki FA50 Motor Layout

Patrick Mattison /

Engrish Prease.

Frenchie,

You need a service manual?

I can scan some pages of mine if you think it will help.

Rusty

Hey RustyBikes that would be great if u could scan some usfulpages out of the manual for me. That would most helpful t me. Anything i can do for u ask even tho i ain't that helpful lol i'm very limied with my knoledge of mopeds

Regards Frenchie

if the engine was siezed, you'll be very lucky to rejuvenate it. those mopeds also have an inherent problem with oil dripping into the block.

if it was mine, i would get it unsiezed and be prepared to take the spark plug out many times. oil will keep interfereing with running condition of the engine. in your case, it may actually be advantageous.

i installed a petcock on my oil line so i can turn it off when not in use. not sure if it's going to help yet. it still takes a good 10 minutes of kicking to get the bike running.

:M

mitch,

the existance of that oil is hard to get past. keep taking out the plug and looking at it. when it's cold and you need to choke it, you have the oil and the rich gas mixture. even when you minimize the oil in the block, that particular moped doesn't start right up anyway.

but how does taking out the plug and looking at it help?

:M

if it's very oily, then you know that you still have a heap of oil in the block. less oily, then you're getting over the problem.

Patrick Mattison /

sorry if i was a little harsh in my first post. i just was having trouble reading the problem and i got annoyed.

Frenchie,

My scanner is not behaving.

As soon as I can I will scan what I have.

It's not a full blown repair guide but it will get you further down the road.

Engines are pretty cheap around the USA, can you find a donner engine to put in your frame?

Rusty

I havent noticed any oil leaking into the case with mine yet.

Perhaps it's because I run it every couple of days.

RB

Hey do u guys know of a good way to get the dynamo of to get the the piston because there is alot of gunk in there and i really need a way to get in there to clean it out fully. Or if u know of a way to get in there another way that would be great.

Also RustyBikes

thinks for trying to get me the manual. I would still like a copy if u could get one.

Urm the bike is like new othere wise eveything on the moped is in top condition but everything behind the piston was pitted and full of gunk.

If anyone can help me that would be great.

Frenchie

FA50 flywheel removal

Here is the page which shows the flywheel removal.

You will need a flywheel removal tool.

You can use a strap wrench to hold the flywheel while you remove the nut.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/Rustybikes/FA50/6ce57c47.jpg

Rusty

FA50 engine cut away view

Here is a cut away view of the engine.

Re: FA50 engine cut away view

Sorry about that last one, I thought this sight would resize it.

RB

FA50 engine crank view

Here is another page which shows the crank.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/Rustybikes/FA50/53dee2f4.jpg

Re: FA50 engine crank view

Frenchie,

If I understand correctly, you have the engine out of the frame and are attempting to split the crank case to remove sludge.

I hope the info I have is of some use.

I don't have a "Shop" manual just a "Service" manual.

I have more detailed pictures of the transmission side if you need this.

Rusty

Re: FA50 engine crank view

thank you allot for this it will help me more then i first expected gratefully aprecitiated.

Frenchie

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account