Crazy bing carbureator problem

So i was riding today and ran out of gas. I put gas into the moped and tried to start it it started then died. So i took apart the carb to see if it was all ok. It was at this time when i noticed that my throttle was stuck and wouldn't come out. I pulled it out and then it wouldn't slide back in easily at all. What the hell happenned? Im goign to order a new throttle, but geeze this is insane. It's like it expanded all of the sudden. Has this every happenned to anyone?

Re: Crazy bing carbureator problem

I meant to say slide. not throttle

was it cold? the walls of the carb where the slide goes in is thin and will cool off quicker than the slide so the slide may no t fit back in

What carb are you running. Most carbs with a circular slide have a little groove that corresponds to a little notch inside the carb. You can jam the slide in so that it is just slightly offset thus it will be hard to move. Check to make sure the peg and the grove match up. If you are still having issues the peg might be bent or mishaped. You can try to file the peg down a bit to make more clearance but be sure to leave enough to guide the slide.

CHRIS! dont tell people shit like that. lol see if thats the problem first.

thats just like saying, want to go faster? drill holes in your pipe.

The slide is getting stuck before the peg even becomes an issue. It just simply wont fit. I dont want to buy a new slide and have it not fit though.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account