Do I have the carb?!

likemopeds /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Know I posted another topic here about the carb in my 79 Puch Magnum XK and not getting enough speed ...

I recently asked a dealer what type of jet I needed in my carb. I told him it was a 1/12/316 carb and he looked it up and said I needed a 64 JET. I put the new jet in and it ran even slower , sluggish , poopy. I looked back at the carb and it actually say's 1/12/306 not 316! Does this mean I should have gotten a different JET? The main jet that was already in the carb was a 54 I think which works better than the 64 but something tells me the 54 might not even be right.

Second , I don't know if this is the original carb on this moped , someone might have changed it. On a 79 Puch Magnum XK is the carb supposed to be a 12MM 1/12/306 .. or do I have the wrong king of carb on this?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account