Motobecane Engine Letters

Hayden Stevens /

can someone give me a complete list of each Engine Letter and what they mean.... For Top End and Cylinder and Carb? ....and the mile Letter marked on the front of the frame.....and the piston has markings on the inside wall--means anything?

I also notice that the piston isn't symetrical looking on the inside...there are parts with metal bulges- probably for weight-- Motobecane pistons aren't directional are they?? you can install them facing either way??

Thanks some more

-Hayden

Re: Motobecane Engine Letters

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

first off, the piston is directional. the pins in the ring channel face the exhaust port. second, the lettering depends on the year of the bike. you can find the info online in the complete shop manual. their are too many stipulations and changes to go through them all. hope that helps.

Hayden Stevens /

can you link me to somewhere that lists all the Lettering for the engine and such??

thanks

-Hayden

Hayden Stevens /

please.....

I don't want to shock you, but that information doesn't exist. If you were to discover this kind of data, we experts of the Motobecane community would be very interested.

Hayden Stevens /

Well...off to the lab.....jk....I thought I saw a listing of the Letters with their meanings a while ago...but I can't find now ...I mean, someone must know...they aren't _that_ old...

-Hayden

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

the info does exist bret. it is in the manual in the basement at 1977 mopeds, however i do not have access to it anymore. you can buy a manual on ebay with the info but they are like $14 each and you would need like 5 of them to get all the info. i will talk to dan and see if i can borrow the manual and photo copy or scan it sometime.

Hayden Stevens /

cool....thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account