autochoke

Hello: I'm new to the swarm, and need help with a auto-choke

problem on a NC50, late 80-81. Thank's. Lon, (blueboy)

Re: autochoke

Leon Swarmer /

AHHH, glad you found this forum. I just about left you a note to find it.

What is your autochoke doing/not doing?

Leon

Hi Leon. Here's my problem. It has what they call a bystarter

chamber. I am missing the top and filter pad. What can I use

to replace this part? I can not seem to find one anywere! Thankx for the help. I E mailed you off forum, but guess you did not receive it............... Lon

Leon Swarmer /

hmmm those aren't easy to find, I dont' think. You might place a WTB want to buy ad on the buy/sell forum and see if anyone has one. I think I've heard that Honda doesn't have them, but I could be wrong.

Well, will it run without it? Can I block it off? Can I use a different carb? I guess I have a bigger problem than I thought!!!!!! Blueboy

Jonas Quimby /

I didnt notice this post of yours until I already responded to another.

The auto choke unit is fairly important to the Express. If all you're missing is the filter, you just need a small enclosure with a filter in it. I might have a spare. Otherwise, improvise. It just needs to make the air cleaner.

i hate any kind of auto-choke mechanism.

Thank all you guy's for all the info. on my choke system. I take it that this part, (bystarter chamber) is a dry part? i.e.,

does not contain fuel in it's operation, just air? This filtered air

is then directed to the control box. If this is true, then thank's to guy's, I think I have it figured out. It should be easy to improvise! Good new's after all. This ole man will be

free to RIDE, and for penny's a mile!!!! Thank you all...

blueboy

You bet! If you have one of thoses little encloser's, I will gladly buy it, and pay for postage. That's all I need to get on the road. Let me know and I'll E mail details...... blueboy......

i wanted to know if that was a very rare carb.

I don't think it's rare. Just an auto-choke one.

Leon Swarmer /

Yea, not rare, just a bit weird. Mine works well. Lucky me.

can the auto-choke mechanism be replaced by a choke mechanism with a cable, or better yet a lever?

Jonas Quimby /

You'd have to replace the carb and intake manifold with the earlier style of Express carb. Having used both, I can say the newer one is definatly better. I suggest just fixing the auto choke.

I agree on fixing it. I'm so close to figureing this thing out. It's all there but the top cap. I can't even find a pic. of what it look's like. Not even in the manual. Any Idea's to see what this thing look's like? If I just knew that, I would have it whiped................ Thankx Jax........ blueboy

Jonas Quimby /

It's just a small plastic box with a tube coming out of it, a small filter blob in it, and a hole in the other end for air to come in.

All you need is some sort of air filter on the tube.

Thankx, I finaly have a picture in my mind now, and think I can fix it. This seem's to be very simple, guess if I CAN'T fix

this, I should'nt even be rid'in a moped............LOL. blueboy

wow, that's drastic.

I've got an NU50 with an auto-choke. I don't know if they are exactly the same, but I'll take a picture of the bystarter filter tomorrow for you.

WillyT

Hi WillyT, I'll look forward to it. Thank you sir!! blueboy

Here's the picture. It's hard to see. It's just a piece of plastic that connects two tubes making one tube, pretty much.

WillyT

1142800961_100_0434.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account