Jawa 210 Alley Cat Carb trouble

my carb on my jawa 210 Alley Cat needs help. it has two screws, one for air, one for gas. as of now, the only way i can keep the engine running is by feathering the gas, because i have too much air going to it for it to idle. if i turn up the gas (or turn the air down), when i hit the gas, it floods with gas and shuts off. any suggestions?

Re: Jawa 210 Alley Cat Carb trouble

dude, it prolly is the crab, but it may be soemthing else. It wont idle right?

well, i can get it to idle, it just wont accept any acceloration. it kinda sounds like when i turn off the power switch, it just dies out.

George Smith /

first change plug, then clean out that carb, generally when these carbs get dirty they flood out, every other ped just runs lean but not jawas they flood :P The Mystery of jawas, you can also just go ahead remove mixture screw and spray some carb cleaner down that that may help :)

dan man, that carb is spotless inside, I know because i spent like 5 hours total on it and have taken it apart at least 5 times before it finnally ran. unless soemthing came lose inside... I may have to come over and check it out sometime.

Does anyone know the gas:oil ratio for the jawas? ( 5:1?)

cuz that might be some of the problem too. or too much oil would cause it not to run at all.

George Smith /

32:1 :P

George Smith /

5:1 wouldnt run.....

you'll prolly need a need plug at 5:1 hehehehhehe

DAMN IT! my bad with the ratio

nah, ive been putting 50:1 in so i dont think its the ratio thats the big deal.

George Smith /

well try jst spraying in with a spray bottle mixed gas, if it still doesn't run/start you may have a bad coil or something else, this is common on jawas to do this when they have electrical troubles

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account