Moby 50V Condenser Hot Cold Weather

Last Fall my Moby was dying after running for about a mile. I cleaned the gas cap to make sure fuel was being released. I also cleaned the carb again. I was going to replace the condenser, but I can't get into the freaking flywheel!

Anyway, I took the bike out a couple of times this winter and it's run perfectly. So I might have fixed the problem without replacing the condenser. But my question is: Could the cold weather be keeping my condenser cold enough so that it's not dying like it will when hot weather returns? Or is the condenser going to get that hot in cold weather anyway, and therefore I solved my problem with one of the other solutions?

Thanks.

:Mitch

Re: Moby 50V Condenser Hot Cold Weather

a dirty carb is one of the most common problems with an older bike...just take percautions..flush the tank- get as much debrie out of it that you can,,put in an inline filter to keep small rust particles from reaching the carb and jet,,,,

yeah. i had done all of that before the problem started. i did it again afterwards. many people suggested that the condensor is a common problem on these bikes, which is what led me to that idea. i guess i just won't find out if it's still broken until warm weather returns. and if it is, i'll resume swearing at my flywheel nut and riding the bike for less than a mile at a time.

:K

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

magneto nut is reverse threaded. use a ratchet to pop it off and you wont need a specialty tool. toss a piston stop in and tighten (shich will loosen) your nut. you will however need a cam puller to get your cam off and rerun the wire for the condensor.

the only thing i don't have is the piston stop. i tried the strap clamp method, but that didn't work. if it dies again i'll get the stop... i've just thrown so much money at this bike i've been holding off.

thanks.

:K

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

take and stuff rope into the cylinder through the spark plug hole. it will stop the piston from reaching TDC so it should do the trick for you.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account