Cant take Kick-start arm off!

For some reason I cant seem to get the kick-start arm off my 04 Tomos LX.... I took the nut off, but the bolt wont slide out of the thing... what gives?

DannyMoped07

Re: Cant take Kick-start arm off!

Give er' a tap with a wood block and hammer.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

Ok, i just didnt want to hurt anything.

DannyMoped07

No need to get cocky... im sorry if i didnt know it was called a "CRANK ARM". Jerk.

DannyMoped07

Every time i take my kickstart lever off it just needs a little tap then it pops right off. Just dont hit the threaded part with a hammer or you might mushroom the threads which is why you use a wooden block.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

Good plan. I didnt realize it was a press-in kind of thing. I figured when I took the nut off i could just slide it out. Hence why I asked, i didnt want to damage anything yaknow?

Thanks for the tips! I'll try the wood-blocking and hammer trick.

DannyMoped07

push the motor up a lil and get a rubber mautlet to tape the engine mounts bolt out

What are you talking about Ryan?

Lol why the crap would i want to take my motor off Ryan?

DannyMoped07

Ya know, ya gotta remove the engine, disassemble the cranksaft, and then saw the top end in half in order to remove that bolt. Then you have to slash the tires and remove the valve stem just to be sure, then throw the valve stem into the gas tank. Then you need to fill the remaining space in the gas tank with a-chool and light it on fire to clean out the carbon...

Eh, i guess thats what you get from someone who thinks a stock "front _farning_" from ike is a mod.

steveintoronto /

... of course, all of this is much easier to do once you've tied a really tight elastic band around your nut-sack and set your hair on fire.

whee another reference to fight club

I'll stick with kissing the back of my hand and throwing lye on it... thanks though.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account