1981 Tomos Silver Bullet won't restart!

Justin /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey All,

It was not easy, but I took the carburetor off of my 1981 Tomos Silver Bullet and cleaned it thoroughly, plus I replaced the petcock valve. The biggest problem now is the bike starts and idles good (Would not idle before), when it's cool. But, if the bike runs for a while (5-15 minutes) and I shut it down, I am unable to restart it for about 30 minutes or longer... Any ideas why?

The air/mix screw on the carburetor closes itself due to vibration. To combat this, I cut an old spring down to fit and keep tension on the screw and not allow it to close.

Also, 1st gear is kinda jerky and very slow - it takes a bit for it to change gears, but once it does, it goes pretty good - not nearly as quick acceleration as my 1978 Honda Hobbit however. How can I help out the acceleration and gear shifting?

If you have any ideas how to combat the restart problem, please help me out here... I'm baffled.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Justin

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account