Puch Maxi Exhaust Problem

Hey I have been kicking around this site for about a year trying to get my Maxi up to full speed (or at least 25). It is 2 hp, all stock and only gets up to 18 mph.

As previously advised I cleaned the carb and repaced the spark plug (did chops to get it right). If I take the exhaust off I get up to probably 30 mph. I cleaned the baffel and put the pipe backon but still could not get up to 20. Soaked the pipe in degreaser.... still no change. So I finally bit the bullet and got a new stock pipe and installed it - and still cant get up to 20 mph?

I figure something must be wrong with the exhaust - because when it is off the ped screams... but my neighbors would appreciate a quieter solution. Any ideas?

Note: I have no air box on the intake... but tried putting tape over part of it to restric the air and that just bogged the performance way down.

Seeking advice.

Thanks,

Bil

Re: Puch Maxi Exhaust Problem

http://mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/248113/248113/

try following this guide. sounds like a restriction. are you sure its all clean? my restricted maxi did at least 25. dont run without the pipe its not good for your engine. but that shows that your exhaust port is probably not clogged. and its gotta be your pipe. what color is your sparkplug? wanna make sure you are jetted right. try taking out the restrictors out of your pipe like the guide shows you. im trying to get simon to make it an article

man you bought a new stock pipe?

wierd

air box is definately a problem, i would have gotten one before you got a pipe

and you need to check your compression

well it says he runs 30 without the pipe the compression could be ok. sell both your pipes and get a performance pipe

Jason Luther /

no , no , no. first check the exhaust port on the under side of your cylinder, it should be a nice rectangle. then check the header pipe or obstructions, blow through it. get an airbox too

if thats it then your priblem has to be caron build up in the pipe and the exasut port take it all a part and clean it up. also buy a puch porformance exaust and jet.

Jason Luther /

dont just buy a performance pipe, FIX WHATS WRONG!!! damn kids with your parents credit cards

your crazy you think my parnets give me there cridit card number everything on my ped was paid for by me

haha i have to apy my own crap but i mean the guy has two pipes. might as well get a performance pipe but yeah seriously follow the guide i made. and he said he cleaned it already.

if i had my parents credit card i would have never bothered to derestrict my maxi and keep it like that

Thanks for the tips..... once it heats up a little I will go outside and check the header (but it seems to me I checked it before and it is not obstructed where the pipe connects to the cylinder).

Where can I get an airbox cheap? I looked at mopedwarehouse and the intake to the airbox they show looks way too small.

http://mopedwarehouse.com/catalog/product_reviews_info.php/products_id/160/reviews_id/54

Thanks,

Bill

http://mopedwarehouse.com/catalog/product_reviews_info.php/cPath/36_60/products_id/160/reviews_id/54

this is the right size. i dunno if the other guys would suggest this but for 18 dollars you can buy a k&n filter ($12) and some bing jets. you would of course have to retune its your choice

Thanks Joe;

I am going to keep it stock until I get it right then start tinkering.

Have a great Sunday!

Bill

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account