Streetmate Restrictor?

First off let me say that this is my first post although i've been reading these forums for a while before i got my moped. i purchased a tomos streetmate in september and it was great! then after riding it for a bit i found that everytime i approach any speed over 29mph it feels like the spark stops in the engine. the engine doesnt turn off but it stops pushing the moped along. even when i go down a hill it does this and it feels like it's engine braking but im not controlling it. its strange. well being that i have alot of things with engines on them i figured that tomos put a speed restricter on it. this may not be the case but i need all of your help to figure out why it does this? thanks guys!

Re: Streetmate Restrictor?

and can someone else tell me what the petcock is and what it does and how it owrks on the streetmate?

what it does is turn off the fuel to the engine what it is is a furl on off switch and thats it nonthing spiceal

no restrictor....its a weird system...main thing is that catalytic converter

how do i disengage it?

wait nevermind i thought you were saying thats what the speed restricter was

are you sure theres no restricter? and i doubt the catylitic convertor would have to do witht hat

is that what the rev limiter does?

i guess, do you know where it is?

so basically there isn't a restricter, so does anyone know what the hell is causing my moped to do this? and another thing, when i pull it out of the garage after a it has a little while to cool down the thing starts right up and accelerates better than a freaking dirtbike, but as soon as the engine gets warm it's really shitty.

steveintoronto /

did you break the motor in properly, assuming that you bought it new?

yes, i did

check your carb clean it, maybe it started to gunk up a bit if it was sitting a while and isn't able to get enough fuel at top speed. Also, you may need to ubjet if the air is colder (more dense). And im guessing ur ped is now out of warranty?

yeah i think it is, whee on the carb is the idle screw?

You are probably four stroking. This is a gas/air issue. Or possibly timing but not on a bike this new. Check to see if your airbox is fitted correctly and look into changing your jetting. Oh, and clean your carburetor just to be on the safe side.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account