Would slightly improper fuel mixture make me..

if i'm a bit off, like i added too much oil cause me to suddenly lose a few mph and make it run a little rich(i think), like it wants to go faster but can't. This all happened pretty much within a few days, runnin good hittin 30+ on flats now like 27ish. thanks for all the help

Re: Would slightly improper fuel mixture make me..

oh and im just using penzoil 2 stoke oil, what is the proper mix ratio for real, Ive heard between 32:1 to 50:1 which one is it? thanks again

yo

adding too much gas probably does that i think i feel that too. you lose a mph or so. oil is less combustible than gas

oil i mean

using less oil has been rumored to make you run faster. It also increases your chance of siezing your enging.

using too much oil is safer for your engine, and the worst thing that will happen is a fouled spark plug.

Different moped manufacturers call for different mixing ratios.

Most of us in kalamazoo use about 2.6 oz of oil to 1 gallon of gas.

If you want to run "lean" and use less oil, I suggest using synthetic oil.

synthetic oil is much more slippery and decreases your chance of siezing. this is why its not good for break in. but overall its so much better. you get a cleaner burn and more lubrication meaning less overheating

George Smith /

synthetic oil is great on an older engine or after break in, ive been using it for years in all my 2 stroke engines

I am running two cycle oil in the 1980's Honda Moped 49cc and have notice less power and more smoke. I think it was designed for SAE 30. Would the two cycle oil be two rich if designed for SAE 30? What is the weight of two cycle oil? My plug is black but not too fouled. Thanks for any help.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account