Reminder: When shipping me your engine...

Smitty Smith /

...PLEASE clean them and empty ALL fluids!!! Having to clean a grimey engine is my LEAST favorite part of the job!!! The engine can be cleaned before you unbolt it from the frame. I'll tell ya', there's nothing much more disappointing than to unpack your engine, and it's soaked with tranny fluid, and covered in grime!!! I will be charging extra for cleaning your dirty engines!!! I really enjoy building these things for you guys, but give me a break by making sure they are clean and dry BEFORE you box it to ship to me!!! Keep in mind, I'm probably getting in someone else's engine the same week as I receive yours, and the cleaner engine will be done first!

Thanks!

Smitty

Re: Reminder: When shipping me your engine...

Yup. Time is money. :)

Smitty, quick question. If i ship you my A35 and an Airsal kit, what kind of benefits can you get me rather than installing it myself?

Just wondering what exactly it is you do...

DannyMoped07

Smitty Smith /

To be perfectly honest, it depends on how much work you're willing to pay me to do, and what you want the engine to do. For me to "go all-out" and completely rebuild the entire engine (all new bearings, gaskets and seals) and replace any worn, broken, or questionable parts, and me performing all of my tweaking, it can get expensive. I prefer to build the engine as new as is practical, but if parts don't need to be replaced then I don't replace them.

Just some examples would be chipped gears, worn clutches, questionable bearings, questionable crank (at rod bearing), etc.

Keeping in mind that it's my reputation in the engines that I build, I don't take chances on anything inside of them.

The Airsal kitted Tomos engines I've built have been clocked (by radar or police) at 55+mph.

Butnut's Maxi E50 engine I built with an Airsal, and was radared at 50mph, fighting a 45mph cross-wind, and running really rich.

I hope this answers your question.

A custom engine builder/repairmen never gives away tricks and tips. haha

Nothing says fun like a box full of slimy atf coated foam peanuts. Been there done that.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

How much would it cost to ship mine to ya,

you just clean it up nice, and ship it back.

Just kidding. I think that was well-worth your time; requesting what should be done without asking. Common sense is not very common.

-_DeeZy_

Thanks a lot Smitty! I now know where to turn when my transmission blows up! Lol.

DannyMoped07

smitty remember i emailed you about two weeks ago requesting some pricing on a port job, (dirtbikedude027@comcast.net) on my 2003 lx w/ airsal kit (black).... never heard anything after the first few replys, any updates like a price for porting just the topend....

George Smith /

lol, when shipping me parts off of your ped from ebay, please use a box capable of holding set parts, I get yelled at by ups a lot lol

Smitty Smith /

Don't ya' hate that too??? I've gotten packages that were torn open, and parts ended up missing before it even gets here.

Hello Smitty, do you do port jobs on engines other than puches? I'm looking to get the 70cc dr 46mm kit from 50cc.nl for my Honda NU50. I would just like to get it ported so that it runs better. Could you do that or do you just need my cylinder head? Thanks.

WillyT

George Smith /

heh I had a 120lb Kohler 10hp CubCadet engine show up at my house in a chiquetta banana box so torn and dented and taped that the motor was no longer useable 0_O, he receieved bad feedback lol

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account