A35 shook loose!

So I started up my ped the other day, just to do a quick tune-up and make sure there are no huge repairs that i need to do before springtime gets here. Anyway... I went to start it up and the motor practically shoot itself loose from the frame. I'm positive no one's touched my ped and I'm also positive that it was fine when i parked it. Is this normal? I also discovered that my rear sprocket had about 1/4 inch of play in it.

I took the bike apart, fixed the sprocket and tightened the mounting bolts, it seems fine now.. but is this a normal thing that I should watch out for?

DannyMoped07

Re: A35 shook loose!

Things do like to work their way loose, use locktite and nylock nuts where you can.

Grey

Live to ride, RIde to work

wow i have always wondered if that could happen. I swith motors all the time and have been worried about this.

steveintoronto /

in a word i'd say that "no" this is not normal (i hope).

nah, plenty of my bolts have loosend themselves up, including the motor mounts. Luckily (HA) i usually have the thing apart so much that i catch these things right away...Main thing that usually comes off is the exhaust bolt. I swear, i could weld that thing in place and it would still come off.

check your tires, exhaust (at bracket and at manifold) , motormounts and head nuts... and reedvalve if you didn't install it really tightly...that should at least keep you running and out of danger.

next time ur riding, let off the gas and get back on it, if u feel a "clunk" it means ur motor is loose, also at high speed if u feel a thumping ur motor isloose.

Or just pull up on the head of the engine.

Yeah, that's what I ended up feeling when i rode it. I would jump on the throttle and feel this HUGE clunk. When i parked it i noticed the motor "shimmying" back and forth, i was like WTF? So then i killed it, grabbed the jug and gave it a good shake... I'm just glad i caught it in time, otherwise my chain would've been chewed apart.

Thanks for the input guys... Loctite is my new best-friend.

DannyMoped07

Quote: next time ur riding, let off the gas and get back on it, if u feel a "clunk" it means ur motor is loose, also at high speed if u feel a thumping ur motor isloose.

They will also do that when the chain is too loose.

Grey

or if the nuts on the rear drive gear are loose.

Well in my case, it was both.. Which was about 30 minutes of fix'n time... so it wasnt too bad.

DannyMoped07

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account