Tomos Silver Bullet Repair Questions

Hey Everybody,

Yesterday, I bought what was sold to me as a 1981 Tomos Silver Bullet for 100 bucks... it runs, but does not idle well. I think the carburetor could use a good cleaning...

Most importantly, what is the easiest way to remove, clean and reassemble the carb? On my Honda PA50, it's a pain. I hope it's not that complicated...

Other stuff to correct: The fuel valve has been rigged... I want to replace the old petcock with a new one, does anyone know where I can find one? Also need rear turn signals... Does the Silver Bullet have an Air Filter? If so, I can't find it for the life of me...

BTW, I clicked the search option and tried to find old posts, but 0 matches for my searches were found...

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

Re: Tomos Silver Bullet Repair Questions

Its in between the frame! Your supposed to drop the motor to get the carb out, but you can also slip it out if you try hard enough.

no...no you can't i hade a bullet and there is no way you can get the carb out between the fram and the engine ive tried. you have to drop the engine and losent he wheel. the only way your getting it out between the frame is if you get a mallet and smash the carb down an inch or so.

Well I did it sucessfully. I take it out side ways. It was hard at first but it became easier.

And that is the worst design ever for a carb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell was Tomos thinking.

Thanks for the replies...I took out the carb on my '78 PA50 II and that was a bear too...

Do you know anywhere I can find step by step directions on how to take out the carb?

I'm afraid I'll mess something up...

Also, any idea where to find turn signals for the rear, and where the hell is the air filter?

Thanks again for the replies.

Justin

If your taking about the tomos its tucked inside the frame. Just look were the back of your carb leads to.

ya but with it in the frame it gives u so much acceraltion

So I need to drop the engine to get it out? Do you know of any old posts that my help me to drop the engine properly?

Do the Silver Bullets have an air filter?

yes its two bolts you need to losen and pull out then you need to losen the rear wheel

Which two bolts?

Do I disconnet any wires to drop the engine? I'm not looking at the bike and I'm going from memory here...

I think the throttle cable is attached to the top of the carb... I guess that must come off along with the fuel line from the petcock?

Ryan your telling me a peice of plastic inside your frame gives you more acceleration? How so? Can you expand on that idea? Can you explain the science behind it?

Justin first drop your engine. (two big bolts) then take the carb off the intake. And take off the throttle but make sure you write/remember how everything goes. Turn your petcock off and disconnect the fuel line from your petcock.

Thanks so much for the help... gonna try this stuff out tonight...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account