NOS peugeot engine: Same clutch? you tell me

I have a 1978 peugeot 103sp that I want to buy a NOS engine for. The engine I am looking at is in the picture above... The only thing that looks different compared to what I have now is the clutch, which is a variateur system. Does anyone here recognize the clutch on this new engine in the picture, and is it also a variateur style clutch? I will post a second picture of the clutch I currently have. Thanks!

-Pete

1139809104_peug_motor.jpg

Re: NOS peugeot engine: Same clutch? you tell me

well I can't find a good picture of the clutch I have now, but this new engine is made for a 103 model. Should this be interchangable with the 103sp engine? What is the difference between 103 and 103sp? Thanks!

mopedwhisperer /

That is a non variant clutch, we in the states got those on 102 peugeot`s, the crank shaft is different so the clutches are not innerchangable.....goodluck

Is there any difference in performance between this engine and the one that comes on a 103sp with a variant clutch? Top speed, acceleration, etc? Will this engine bolt right onto my 103sp or will the belt not line up? Thanks!

-Pete

handybikes has both types of motors, the variated with and without clutch, just call BJ and ask for what you want

really? Thats great, thanks!

-Pete

peter,

moped riders site has the owners manual. they have specifications and it looks like the 103 uvl u3 engine tops out at 30 whereas the sp u2 tops out at 25, so there are some differences. as for interchangeability, i,m not sure. have fun.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account