Maxi Jet size

I have a stock maxi with a bing carb and I looked at the thing bill webb wrote about bing carbs in the resource section, and I have a maxi 2hp in it, its a 1980. He says its a 60, and does anyone know if you get a techno estoril what size i should get? thanks

Re: Maxi Jet size

a techno estoril is a really nice pipe dude. go for it. you will need something in the high 60's i doubt you will need a 70. try 66 and 68 and then just tune your airbox to the right ratio.

what sort of things do you mean by tuning the airbox? thanks for the help

oh by the way harold, did your techno estoril help with low end at all, and is it really loud or sound good? thanks man

It is very loud. has great low end and no i dont like the sound. it is a little rattly and metallic. i was hoping for a deeper rumble. its a great pipe though.

Here is what tuning your airbox means. Jets come in all different sizes. just because it says its a 64, doesnt mean its a 64. it could be more like a 72. When i refer to jet sizes i am specifically speaking of actuall BING jets. now lets say you had a 68 in your carb. Do a plug chop (see freds guide) now if your spark plug is a little too dark (rich) you dont need to put in a smaller jet. you can just take restriction out of your airbox and make it "high-flow".

The bigger the jet the more gas/air

The smaller the jet the less gas/air

Less restriction on the airbox the less gas/air

More restriction on the airbox more gas/air

On a stock maxi you can take some restriction out by removing the white hose that comes with the airbox. Stock airbox's such. i recomend making your own with a bottle and different layers of nylon leggings.

i have a question, i bought a size 58 jet for my bing carb, and it comes as a little screw in piece to screw into the body part, but on my stock one, it doesent look like the head unscrews. how do i put it on?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account