Help! repair solution

Bill King /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I purchased a 2001 Avanti Mont yesteday – when I put on breaks at a stop light, it cuts off. I hear a clicking sound in the engine as I slows down, then the moped shuts off. I have to pedal to start again. I can’t ride after dark because I have no lights when I stop. I was told it could be a bad bulb. I found one and changed it. This problem only occurs when the rear wheels stop moving. I can put the moped on the stand, start it up and apply the front breaks and it is fine. Apply the back breaks and the engine shuts down. My gear oil is grey, is this normal. Also, I can’t find Servo 20W 40 here at the Auto parts (I live in the United States).

When I idle down I hear clicking noise and the chain is jurky. Moving the moped is difficult when trying to go backwards (to move it out of a parking space); the pedal and gears seems to engage.

I'm trying to change the oil in the gear box I don't know what to buy, oil or transmission fluid.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account