Punchy jumpy noise and power while running...

My moped is up and running, but is making a jumpy noise and transferring power in the same way. Its kind of like the motor has a twitch. The taillight is also twitching with the engine. Suggestions?

Re: Punchy jumpy noise and power while running...

Transmission gears are getting funky. Could be either the clutch's method of engagement ( of which im unfamilar with puch) or alot like my bike it coud be the 1 and 2 speed physical gear which can get damaged in rough shifting and eventually cause weird slips and funky engagement when changing speeds.

Taillight flickering is almost certainly a ground issue. Generally the ground is usually a screw, and generally that screw is usually a poor quality chinese piece of crap and when it rusts, it loses its conductivity. If your spark plug and the rest of the lights are constant, i am virtually positive this is it. Or its a possibility that the hot wire rubbed up against something and cut itself and is mini-short circuiting...but more likely its a ground..alot more likely.

My puch does the same thing. I think the clutch is actin up... Acceleration does not feel solid. When I decellerate the clutch jumps in and out. I replaced the fluid but still the same :(

Sorry I didn't mention, the moped is a Peugeot.

Jason Luther /

tail light is dimming at the same frequency the motor is faulting? sounds like a grounding issue, like marc suggested, that effects both the tail light and the spark

I checked all the grounds, and they should now be clean. I'm still dropping power and getting jerky power when I engage the throttle.

It's idling fine, but is jumpy, and is nowhere near full speed power.

Any more suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help so far!

Ben Van Zoest /

If you refere to jumpy and light flikering as miss firing more than likely loss of current somewhere would be the likely problem. Blue wire going to ground or a bad connection more than likely. Did you spray clean the wire connnection terminal block and reseat the wires under the screws...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account