Honda express

Me and my roommate have got a 80 honda express...

does this bike need the battery under the seat or is this only for the turn signals??

and what is the best way to bypass the oil injector?

thanks

joe

Re: Honda express

Leon Swarmer /

Batery is used as a voltage regulator for the whole system... If you run it without one and revit up you'll pop your headlight bye bye $30.00

You need one and charge it before you put it in,

I would not reommmend taking out the oil injector. Honda spent a lot of money looking for good ideas.

Leon

I bought a battery from bikebandit.com, you can find them all over the internet. I never charged my battery before putting it in. As long as you put in fresh battery acid to a new battery, it will be ready to go. Keep the oil injector, it works and it's easy, no pre-mix.

The oil injector on a Honda Express never goes bad. I have worked on over fifty of them and never seen it. The one thing that most people don't know is that it should be primed if sitting a while(several months/years) especially if it was disassembled. There is a philips head screw that you remove from the oil injector pump with the motor running, oil will run out of the screw hole along with air bubbles. Once all the air bubbles come out, put the screw back in and you are good to go. Once the air is gone it should be fine until it leaks, is taken apart, or something like that.

These folks all gave you good advice. I only have a few things to add.

If the scooter has been hanging around a while, you should give it a good once over. Don't forget about the Gas Tank.

When I put Oil Injector in I not only prime the pump I pull the tube between the pump and the carb/intake and make sure you have oil in it as well. The oil moves so slow through this tube, any dry spot or air gap can be all bad especially at high revs on an old motor.

Again to add the the battery discussion, you will not only pop the headlight, you will take out all the bulbs eventually. This is caused by running at higher voltages than 6 volt batteries are designed to.

Take this word of advice and information before you change or disable anything on this moped.

These are main forms of transportation for lots of folks in Asia and india. They were designed for the long haul. Keep them as close to stock as possible and you will pass a running mopend along to some fortunate new-comer when you've grown tired of it.

Mike

Leon Swarmer /

also do a search for Jax 184's guide to a garage sale express.

goood stuff

thanks everyone..hopefully we will get it running soon enough...

your help is greatly appreciated.

joe

If you follow the advice of all the good sources here, you will get it running.

The reason will not be what you may think.

It will run cause that's what it wants to do.

You'll know what I mean the first time you pick up your feet and it shoots you down the road.

Good Luck,

Mike

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account