alternative air box ideas (motobecane)??

Has anyone come up with a good solution to the missing airbox problem? I'm running a stock gurtner carb with a stubby intake. I need one of those trapezoidy plastic covers. Could I just get by with attaching some kind of auto oil breather cap to the carb flange (just something to keep the dust out).

Or maybe somone has an even better idea...

Re: alternative air box ideas (motobecane)??

Ya, just put anything on there to filter, foam etc.

But, if it opens up the amount of air going into the carb you should up jet.

roadcapDen

I found one with retaining clip and filter

paypal me $20 and its yours

It has a few extra holes drilled in the bottom, but they can be easilly covered with tape if needed

here it is

1139611583_dscf0014.jpg

Dan, are you including shipping in that price?

Oh yeah....shipping

$4 for priority mail

email me for my address if you need to send payment

danadams@mopedarmy.com

Or you could upgrade to a dellorto...made a big difference for me.

Off topic, my motobecane is at the powder coaters and is now ready to be picked up, but it's 4:45 and they close at 5, and they aren't open on the weekend...ARRRGHGGHGHGHGH!!!

Just needed to vent a little :)

you know that i'm in Canada right?

i was gonna say the bottom of a 2 stroke oil bottle from walmart and some foam rubber you could make 1, but for 20 u should buy dans,,,,,,,,,those are getting real hard to find...........

I have like 5 of those I will not be using..give me your address and I will mail you one at no charge..and if you feel nice you can send me a money order for shipping when you get it..it shouldn't be too expensive..

joe

You've got a deal Slojoe! I'll email you with my address. And yes, a nice tip will be included.

Oh, and I appreciate your innitial offer Dan. Thanks.

ok.

Jason Luther /

this is what moped army is all about. get that cady rolling yet bob?

That's a big ten four Jason. Now with the Cady in fine condition (thanks to some excellent parts and manual from yourself), i've moved on to other projects. Right now I'm putting the finishing touches on a nice mobylette (early seventies). I'll likely use this one as my daily ride and save the Cady for sunday drives in the park. I haven't yet fired up the moby, but I'm hoping it got a little more jam than that Cady.

Jason Luther /

cool beans, man

switchit

My word is....If you are actually going to pay $24 for an old drilled air box for an icky gurtner.....

contact 1977mopeds.com and get a dellorto 14:12. Way better carb and only about $30 more than what you are paying for that old air box.

Re: switchit

solojoe,

are those for the side facing or rear facing carb?

either way, would you be willing to part with your other 4?

14 50v without an airbox amongst them is just sad.

-zane

Re: switchit

I just took out the foam filter in my air box. It's not the smartest thing to do but it beats drilling.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account