Stock Puch Carb type, And Stock main jet?

could someone tell me the exact size? i believe its a 15mm bing? what is the stock jet size?

Re: Stock Puch Carb type, And Stock main jet?

If you're talking Maxi or Magnum, they used mostly 12mm Bings, and sometimes a 14mm. 15mm carbs are a common replacement for a little boost. I know the Korado used a different carb, but I've never had one in my hands, so I don't know much about them.

i'm talking a Maxi, 1980. do you know the stock jet size?

P.S. I love your music, I play bass in a postcore, emo band. and if i could i would convince my friends to play accoustic, country, bluegrass sounding stuff. I secretly play harmonica. haha

Hey, thanks a lot man, I aim to please.

They put different jets in the bikes according to their HP rating. I'd find a few jets and play with it until I got the perfect mix. You'll probably need something like a 56 or so, though.

Daniel Weaver /

1 hp models came with #48-#52 main jet.

1.5 hp models came with #50-#60 I even saw #66

2 hp models came with #58-#66

"Most" stock maxi's run best with a #58-#60. I tried to lean out a 1.5 hp Maxi from a #66 down to a #50 and it ran like shit! Wouldn't even open up to W.O.T. I installed a #58 and it ran like a champ with a good plug chop coloration. Do a couple W.O.T. plug chops and you feel and know when it's the right jet.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account