sachs having trouble getting up to speed

hey guys, I have a 505/1A and have recently been having trouble getting it up to speed. Once it gets going it can cruise at about 27mph, but takes a minit to get there. What should I check first?

Re: sachs having trouble getting up to speed

Jason Luther /

could be a million things. how does it do from a dead start? does the engine rev up and feel like the clutch is working?

Alright, the problem has now started to affect the top end. I checked my tranny fluid, and its o.k., my engine was removed from the frame earlier this winter, but nothing internal was done. It just feels real sluggish. Gas mix is ok, plug seems ok, although dont know exactly how to check, timing seems ok. Clutch seems ok, although it used to feel like a two speed, now it doesn't. ( I Know the 505/1 is a one speed!) It feels like it just doesn't have power. I know this is vauge, and Im no master mechanic, just learning most things. Any suggestions?

Smitty Smith /

Have you checked for blockage in the exhaust port / pipe? A good carb cleaning may also help. What does the spark plug look like?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account