Re: piston won't slide into cylinder...??

i just read the peugeot repair manual and they say to remove the head nuts in a criss cross fashion to avoid warping! i don't know weather they ment the head or cylinder? and not to touch the skirts as they are extremly fragile, and the piston only goes in from the bottom.Check out page 27.

like i said barring any damage/wrong parts I would assume it's a temp. difference i'ld get an a/c unit and cool the motor piston and slightly heat the cylinder with a hair dyer or something don't do anything destructive like honing.Jim

Thats how I take off all heads in a cris-cross manner, b/c it equalizes the pressure. I also turn each nut a bit at a time until they all come off. Thanks for the tip, and I bet that is what happened...gawd I hate the french! Well, no, I love them...just sometimes they can be a pain in the ass. Their love of gurtner carbs being a prime example.

Jason Luther /

no way, something else is to blame. like someone else dropping the cylinder and bending the collar and not telling you

How about this?

Take your cylinder and piston to your local shop and have them mic it up.

Mic the cyl in both vertical and horizontal planes.

Then mic the piston the same.

This should tell you if you are crazy or if you picked up the wrong piston.

Let us know what you find out.

No longer an issue...

So I took the piston and cylinder to a shop today to have them check for roundness and measure it up and shit...

dude fucking DROPPED my piston, in front of me, cracking the hell out of it.

So, now that we have that out of the way....

Talk to me about the crazy watercooled set ups.

Re: No longer an issue...

is he gonna pay for it?

I would be pissed.

I am...i am. nothing really to do about it though.

nope. The shop owner said they didnt have to since they werent charging me anything to measure it all out.

assholes...

John Joedicke /

Well lets here what shop it was so no one else in your area gets screwed around. Has to be one fucking poor mechanic/machinist if he does it over a floor.

now you walk in there and like knock over a shelf of helmets, and be like hey you didn't pay me not to be an idiot.... oops.

Or hey I wasn't going to buy those sorry by.

when we were oing to find out what was going on sighJim

or you can take the piston and shove it in this throat and pull it out his ass and back in his mouth again. i would be so pissed.

I'd just ask to see a few spark plugs and bust off the ends and say "Oh, sorry man. I wasn't planning on paying you for these. Tough luck." You know, I hear one of the ends from a spark plug can shatter a window. Even with a light toss. Don't ask me how it works, but it sure does work. An eye for an eye man.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account