Re: Wheel Painting

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

sand it flat patch up any nicks or dents with bondo. if its in perfect condition or just scratched. sand out the scratches and shiny spots (scuff) and then youj can primer or just put the color coat on. if you're doing metallic (dust the coat of color on. and then dust the clear on. i say dust becuase you dont want the metallic flakes to sit. they need to keep standing to retain its metallic property. after the clear you can flatsand it with increasing grits preventing it from sandthrough then polish. either that or just keep the cloar untouched if you t4hink its good enough. if you are doing metallics remember that you cannot sand metallic color coats. so its either get it right or do it over again. duplicolor makes a rim coating. you can get it in clear i used it to coat my friends maxi and its alot more durable and cures faster than alot of clears. if you have an hvlp gun you can buy 2 part poly. but dohnt ask me about them i dont know how to usae my gun

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account