O/t Great Gatsby

I am 14 and i work with my uncle making parts for helicopters. but in the shop we work at there are over 10 old cars and a old motorcycle. But in the back There it Was. THe great gatsby. from the movie.

Re: O/t Great Gatsby

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

why is this not posted in the general forum?

The great Gatsby was a person. and a book. What are you talking about?

John Joedicke /

The "Great Mummy" maybe

Jason Luther /

maybe it was a big green light

are you sure you didnt just see any other 1920s car

Haha! Finally Amory Blaine gets to post in a thread related to Fitzgerald.

I realy dont know for sure i am 14 never heard of the gatsby but my uncle sead its the yellow car from the movie the great gatsby

The yellow car in this picture?

1138744141_fitzgerald_the_great_gatsby_front.jpg

Thats the one but it has a wight top on it and it even says Gastby on the lisens plate

oh wow. thats pretty neat. i needa get that car

Jason Luther /

shit yeah! its been a long time coming. im actually working on a song about fitzgerald/blaine

Leon Swarmer /

In the movie it was a Rolls Royce...I think some folk made kit cars of it after the movie.

Nope its the actualy one the guys that ownes the shop has so many conections and is like a millionar. It was in some kind of parade recently also and it runs

I think the real car from the book was a packard, not a rolls royce

i realy dont know what kind of car it is but its definatly real

They don't say exactly what kind of car it was in the book, because at the time it was written, almost all cars were made in the color black(Think Model T). The fact the Gatsby drove, what in the book was described as more creme colored yellow, a car that was not black and was exotic was a testament to his decadence. It was supposed to be an object of desire, a flaunt of his richness, an example of one of his character flaws. To name the make in the book would have made it a more tangible object, and destroy the more symbolistic nature of the car.

Jason Luther /

nice. i bet if they had vanity plates back then it would have read, 'daisy'

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account