42 cc bicycle chopper

Hey i am building this summer with my dad a "chopper" out of some old bike frames we intend to weld and a "Mantis-20" Rotatilor engine it is 21.1cc centrifacal clutch except whe have a weed wacker engine that is also the same 21.1cc. but it has no clutch whe are ging to run a belt system to with a "Tractor like clutch" weeve the belt between both engines bolted to the chassis then to a 5" pully that is on a bard that is part of the frame running paralel with the engine that 5" pully will have a sprocket welded onto it that will run a shortend bicycle chain to the rear wheel were our gears will be done by a traditional mountain bike gear system. brakes will be standard bicycle brakes and throtel will be done bye a brake cable and lever seprate from brakes. Any thoughts on this project ... I know it isnt actualy defined as a moped since no peddals but it was inspired by my love of mopeds and motorcycles.... Any thoughts on the subject or sugjestions please feel free to respond I opologize for all spelling and grammer mistakes i have issues...

Thanks , nick

Re: 42 cc bicycle chopper

Doesn't sound safe, but a project between father and son is always great! Have fun!

doesnt sound safe realy why do u say that i am scared about the bicycle chain but the cc's arent that great neather is the hp so idk about braking strength of one of those chains do u have any sugestions to make it safer

Better chain, beefier frame, better brakes.

Its not going to go more that like 20 lol i will take my chances but the frame will be made out of steel pipes too just some stuff like the fork tree and the read fork set up will be bicycle. the as for chain i and going to weld on a chain gaurd so we dont get wiped if it snaps... I have high performance mountain bike brakes from my uncles shop i have gone 35 down a hill i know becuase it said it on the digatal speedo and i slammed ont eh rear brake and it locked up the rear tire. i dont intend to go more that 20 on this thing should be alright. i shouldnt let my dad ride it tho now that i think of it i shouldnt trust my welding for his wieght lol thanks dude

Heres mine, haven't really messed with it. Mine will have pedals and legaly be a moped.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

Err wrong link

Grey

Ya mighn is going to look more like this... yours looks like its going to be sweet what cc ingine is that wered you get it? lol I dont think i will have enuf power. If i just run 1 21.1cc engine on it so am using 2.

1138591227_ruff_draft_of_final_product.jpg

Mine has a 50cc motor, you should have enough power with one motor if geared right.

Grey

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account